AICP Midwest Hosts PA Seminar Apr. 22
April 12, 2017 by Screenmag
AICP Midwest is hosting a production assistant training seminary next Saturday that will prepare up-and-coming PAs for a career in the industry.
Attendees will receive an overview of the production process, and training for prep, shoot and wrap days. Your resume will be distributed to all the AICP Midwest companies and to freelance line producers, freelance production managers and coordinators in Chicago.
Training activities will include:
• Panel discussions led by an Executive Producer, Line Producer, 1st AD, and crew department heads.
• Anatomy of a Crew - Understanding each department and their support needs
• To Do & Not To Do - Responsibilities of an office and set PA.
• Pick Up What? Where? - Vendor pick up and returns.
• Nothing Petty About it - Petty Cash – tracking receipt, envelope completion & timecards.
• Tetris in a Truck - How to pack and unpack a production truck
The seminar is free and held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Essanay Studio and Lighting, 1346 N. North Branch, Chicago. Attendance is limited to 35. RSVP to email@example.com. Attendees must be ready to enter the industry or a graduating senior. A letter of recommendation or paragraph about your experience and goals and pdf of your resume (file labeled with full name) are also required when you RSVP.
Lunch will be provided and you will be eating with the multiple crew department heads. This will give you time to one on one network with freelance professionals and the opportunity to establish connections.